My kids go to a Waldorf school and I like it, I really do. But there’s no getting around the fact that it’s a different experience than other public or main-stream college prep schools. In the spirit of good fun, here are some observations based on our experience.
You know you’re a Waldorf parent when:
- The conversation during carpool is about seaweed snacks and what’s new at the co-op
- You know the difference between eurhythmy and The Eurythmics
- MLB has nothing to do with baseball
- Everyone hugs everyone all the time
- Your kids have chickens at school
- At any given time during the school day there will be about a half a dozen kids in trees
- Your seven year old knows how to use a knife
- The basketball team has to delay their practice until the fiddlers are done
- Your kids listen to/sing along with Eminem while they knit
It’s almost as eclectic as I am.